External Job Announcement
Appointment Scheme Number:
Halle, June 5, 2019
The Seminar for Jewish Studies of the Oriental Studies Institute at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (Department of Arts, Oriental and Ancient Studies) is looking for a research associate for a doctoral position, starting immediately, for a limited period of 3 years.
This is a part-time job (50%).
Compensation will be paid after the transfer of the function and after all personal requirements for the pay category 13 TV-L have been met.
• Above-average university degree (MA) in the field of Jewish Studies or another field of Oriental Studies
• Willingness to work on a research topic in the area of Sephardic Judaism in the Middle Ages or modern Near/Middle East
• Knowledge of rabbinic Judaism and familiarity with methods from the cultural studies
• Excellent knowledge of Hebrew (Arabic and modern Hebrew desirable) and proficiency in spoken and written English
• Capacity for teamwork
• Research and teaching support in the field of Jewish Studies with a focus on Sephardic Judaism in the Middle Ages and the modern era
• Support in the acquisition of third-party funding
• Scientific organization
• This job includes the possibility of a doctorate
Applicants with severe disabilities who are equally qualified will be given preferential treatment. Women are encouraged to apply. For further questions please contact Prof. Dr. Ottfried Fraisse at email@example.com
Applications with all relevant documents should be submitted by July 19, 2019 under Reg-Nr. 4-2113/19-H and in electronic form to Prof. Fraisse, as well as in paper form to: Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg, Philosophische Fakultät I, Institut für Orientalistik, Seminar für Judaistik / Jüdische Studien, Prof. Dr. Ottfried Fraisse, 06099 Halle (Saale).
This position is subject to potential budgetary constraints.
Application costs will not be reimbursed. Application documents will only be returned if a sufficiently stamped return envelope has been provided.