Research Associate Position (50%) Available
The Goldstein-Goren Diaspora Research Center of Tel Aviv University
seeks applications for a Research Associate in the Ukrainian Jewry Research Initiative
The Goldstein-Goren Diaspora Research Center, headed by Prof. Simha Goldin, is dedicated to research on the history and heritage of the Jewish people and its culture throughout the Diaspora in all eras. The Center is part of the Lester and Sally Entin Faculty of Humanities at Tel Aviv University.
The Center’s objectives are: to prepare and coordinate research tools for studying the history and culture of the Jewish people in the Diaspora; to initiate and encourage research projects in Diaspora studies, and to assist in their implementation; and to publish and disseminate the Center’s research projects.
The Center is pleased to announce the establishment of a new research initiative dedicated to studying the history and culture of Jews in the Ukraine, from the ancient to modern periods.
The position is wholly research-oriented; there is no teaching obligation.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following criteria:
· Doctorate degree in a humanities field relevant to the theme of the project
· Excellent academic record
· Interest and experience in the field of the history of Ukrainian Jewry
· Fluency in English or Hebrew will be an advantage
Working hours: 50% position
Location: Tel Aviv University, Carter Jewish History Building
Remuneration for this position depends on qualifications and experience.
To apply please send the following materials to Sara Appel (firstname.lastname@example.org):
· A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including publication list and the names and contact details of two references
· A cover letter describing your motivation to apply
· A research proposal (not to exceed three pages) on a topic related to the history of Ukrainian Jewry
All material can be submitted in either Hebrew or English.
Applications should be submitted by October 31, 2020, and you can expect to hear back within six weeks. After that, or if you have questions about the requirements for the position, you are welcome to email Sara Appel (email@example.com).