EAJS Conference Grant Programme in European Jewish Studies
2019/20 Academic Year
Eleven events were scheduled for 2019-20. Four have taken place, and the rest have been postponed due to the COVID-19 situation.
Already taken place
1. Dynamic Jewish-Muslim Interactions (“DJMI”) in Maghribi Material and Performative Cultures, University of Cambridge, UK, 17-18 September 2019
2. Social Media and Antisemitism: Deciphering the Past and Present Relationship Between Prejudice and Communication, Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, UK, 6-7 November 2019
3. Biographies and Politics: The Involvement of Jews and Activists of Jewish Origin in Leftist Movements in 19th and 20th Century Poland, POLIN Museum, Warsaw, Poland, 1-2 December 2019
4. Stranger in a Land: Late-Antique and Medieval Narratives on Foreigners and Exile, University of Córdoba, Spain, 4-6 March 2020
Postponed due to the COVID-19 situation (new dates to be provided in due course)
1. Bibles and Scholars: A Tribute to Paul Kahle and Gérard Weil, Aix-Marseille University, Aix-en-Provence, France.
2. Ancient and early medieval religious homelands, University of Vienna, Austria.
3. World in Crisis: Reflections and Responses from Antiquity to the Present (BAJS), University of Southampton, UK, 13-15 July 2020: Rescheduled for 13-15 July 2021
4. Jewish Economic Praxis and its written records: Communicating, accounting, archiving, Oxford Centre for Hebrew and Jewish Studies, UK.
5. Shared Histories: Rabbinic Responsa and Archival Sources from Late Medieval Europe in Legal and Cultural Conversation, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany.
6. Rural and Urban Jewries Between Tradition and Modernity: International Junior Scholars’ Workshop, University of Bamberg, Germany.
7. Schismatics, Heretics, and Religious Crisis: Frankism and the Turbulent 18th Century in East Central European Jewry (Summer School), Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic: Rescheduled for 5-15 August 2021
Link for reports from previous years: https://www.eurojewishstudies.org/cgp/conference-grant-programme-reports/past/