The 2018-2019 One-Year Jewish Studies Program at Paideia (The European Institute for Jewish Studies in Sweden) is now open for applications
The program offers a unique international Jewish studies experience during eight months in Stockholm with the possibility of completing a 120 ECTS Master in Jewish Civilizations at the Hochschule für Jüdische Studien Heidelberg. The program combines traditional Hevruta study methodology, an academic approach to interpretation and practical application, and includes intensive text studies, language studies (Hebrew), seminar courses in Jewish life, culture and literature, philosophy and religion and Master’s thesis work, as well as Holocaust studies at Yad Vashem in Israel.
The highlights of the program include:
– Academic studies of Jewish text, culture, tradition and philosophy
– World-leading faculty from the top Israeli, European and US universities
– Traditional Hevruta text study methodology
– Applied project work in Informal Education and Community Leadership
– An open, international and pluralistic European environment
– Hebrew Ulpan on three different levels
– Mid-year study trip to Israel in cooperation with Yad Vashem
– Follow-up programs and yearly conferences
– Access to a 600-individual strong network of alumni in 40 countries
– The studies are tuition free and scholarships are available
The studies are tuition free and students are eligible for scholarships. Students can apply here through our website www.paideia-eu.org. If they need more information, they can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 1 March 2018.