Ulpan Scholarships Summer 2023
Ulpan Scholarships for intensive Hebrew language programs in Israel (summer 2023) are available for BA, MA and PhD students, and early career scholars of Jewish Studies.
These scholarships have been funded through the generous support of the Rothschild Foundation Hanadiv Europe.
Applicants may apply to any of the Summer Ulpan programs offered by the following universities:
- Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Tel Aviv University International School
- The University of Haifa
Applicants may apply for up to 1,500 GBP towards their tuition and housing costs and, in cases where housing is not required, the remainder of the grant may be used towards flight tickets at the discretion and under the conditions of the World Union of Jewish Studies.
In order to be eligible to receive an Ulpan Scholarship from WUJS, applicants must be:
- EU citizens or citizens of another European non-EU member country (Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Gibraltar, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom).
- Based at a European University.
- One of the following:
- BA students, who have completed at least the first two years of their degree and intend to pursue graduate degrees in Jewish Studies.
- MA/PhD students, researching a topic within the field of Jewish Studies.
- Early career scholars of Jewish Studies, who received their doctoral degree no more than five years ago.
- Able to demonstrate the relevance of Hebrew language skills to their research interests.
Applicants for Ulpan Scholarships will have to apply BOTH to the educational institution for the study program as well as to the World Union of Jewish Studies for the grant. Successful candidates will receive the grant on condition that they are accepted to the Ulpan program. They will be required to participate in the program and submit a final report and certificate of completion of the course to the World Union of Jewish Studies.
Deadline for applicants: 3rd April 2023
For the application form, click here.