Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center (Moscow)
Grant “Research in the Field of History and Culture of the Jews in Russia (Russia before Peter the Great, Russian Empire, USSR and the former Soviet Union)”
The terms and conditions of the Grant:
- Grant amount: from 300 thousand rubles to 1.5 million rubles per year;
- The implementation period of the projects: from 1 to 3 years (the decision to renew the grant to each subsequent year is accepted on the basis of interim reports);
- Purposes: fundamental or applied research practices in the framework of the selected topic;
- Participants: contest of individual and group projects, announced for Russian and foreign researchers of history and culture of the Jews of Russia. Both individuals and corporate entities (non-profit organizations) may apply to participate in the contest.
The deadline for submission of applications: November 15.
Announcement of the contest results: December 20.
Applications are accepted in electronic form according to Google forms available through the link. Applications may be submitted both in Russian and in English.
Expected research results:
- Publication of an article following the research in one of the leading scientific journals (if the grant amount is from 300 to 800 thousand rubles, and the grant term does not exceed one year);
- Preparation of a monograph text for publication (obligatory for the projects for more than a year and funding of more than 800 thousand rubles).
The process and criteria of selecting applications for the internship:
The applications will be assessed by members of the Expert Council of the Research Center of the Jewish Museum in the following criteria:
- project novelty;
- significance of the expected scientific results;
- scientific and methodical proficiency of the project;
- appropriateness of the grant amount to the project objectives;
- previous research results of the applicant with respect to the topic.
The main stages of the Contest:
- September 2018 — opening of the contest;
- November 15 — deadline for submission of applications;
- December 20 — summary of the contest results;
- The deadlines for interim and final reports are to be determined separately for each project.
More information on official website.
11 Obraztsova str., bldg. 1a, Moscow
Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center
Private Cultural Institution
tel: +7-495-05-50 (260)
Contact person: Alena Fomenko