Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center (Moscow)
Fellowship for researchers in the field of history and culture of Jews in Russia,
with affiliations in research and educational centers outside Russia for work in Moscow’s archives and libraries
Terms of the fellowship:
- Amount of the grant: 100,000 rubles (about $1,500) per month for researchers without degree; 150,000 rubles (about $2,200) for researchers with academic degree;
- Paid trip to Moscow and back;
- Assistance in obtaining a Russian visa;
- Duration of the fellowship: from 1 to 3 months (to be determined by the applicant);
- Beginning of the fellowship: not earlier than March 1, 2019;
- End of the fellowship: no later than July 31, 2019.
The deadline for submission of applications: November 15.
Applications are accepted in electronic form using the Google forms available through the link. Applications may be submitted both in Russian and in English
Announcement of the contest results: December 20.
Expected fellowship results:
- Publication of an article following the research results in one of the leading scientific journals (within a year after the end of the fellowship);
- Follow-up lecture in the museum at the end of the fellowship on the research topic.
The procedure and criteria for selecting applications for the fellowship: The applications will be evaluated by members of the expert council of the Research Center of the Jewish Museum in the following criteria:
- project novelty;
- significance of the expected results;
- scientific and methodical proficiency of the project.
The main stages of the fellowship at the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center:
- September 2018 – opening of the contest;
- November 15 – deadline for submission of applications;
- December 20 – summary the contest results;
- March 1 – beginning of fellowships;
- July 31 – end of fellowships.
More information on official website.
ul. Obraztsova, 11, bldg. 1a, Moscow
Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center
Private Cultural Institution
tel: +7-495-05-50 (260)
Contact person Alena Fomenko