Two opportunities (1 fellowship and 1 research grant) at the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center, Moscow
Deadline for applications: 10 November 2019
Announcement 1: Fellowship at the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center (Moscow)
Fellowship at the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center for doctoral candidates and post-doctoral candidates in the field of history and culture of the Jews in Russia, with affiliations in research and educational centers outside Russia for work in Moscow’s archives and libraries.
Terms of the fellowship:
- Amount of the grant: 100,000 rubles (about $1,500) per month for doctoral candidates; 150,000 rubles (about $2,200) post-doctoral candidates
- Paid trip to Moscow and back
- Assistance in obtaining a Russian visa
- Duration of the fellowship: from 1 to 3 months (to be determined by the applicant)
- Beginning of the fellowship: not earlier than April 1, 2020
- End of the fellowship: no later than November 30, 2020
- The deadline for submission of applications: November 10, 2019
- Announcement of the contest results: January 20, 2020
More details on our website: https://www.jewish-museum.ru/en/research-center/projects/fellowship-2020/
Announcement 2: Research Grant at the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center (Moscow)
Grant for “Research in the Field of History and Culture of the Jews in Russia (Russia before Peter the Great, Russian Empire, USSR and the former Soviet Union)” in 2020.
The terms and conditions of the Grant:
- Grant amount: from 200 thousand rubles to 1.5 million rubles per year
- The implementation period of the projects: from 1 to 3 years (the decision to renew the grant to each subsequent year is accepted on the basis of interim reports)
- Purposes: fundamental or applied research practices in the framework of the selected topic
- Participants: contest of individual and group projects, announced for Russian and foreign researchers of history and culture of the Jews in Russia. Both individuals and corporate entities (non-profit organizations) may apply to participate in the contest
- The deadline for submission of applications: November 10, 2019.
- Announcement of the contest results: January 20, 2020.
Expected research results:
- Publication of an article following the research in one of the leading scientific journals (if the grant amount is from 200 to 500 thousand rubles, and the project realisation term does not exceed one year)
- Preparation of a monograph text for publication (obligatory for the projects for more than a year and funding of more than 500 thousand rubles)
More details on our website: https://www.jewish-museum.ru/en/research-center/projects/research-grants-2020/
Contact details for both announcements:
ul. Obraztsova, 11, bldg. 1A, Moscow
Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center
Private Cultural Institution
tel: +7-495-05-50 (260)
Contact person: Anastasia Deka