Assistant Professor (Universitätsassistent/University Assistant) – Postdoc Career Position
Start/Duration: Starting on 01.10.2019 until 30.09.2025 (initially limited to 6 years; a tenure-track agreement can be offered)
Organizational Unit: Department of Contemporary History
Level of Employment: 40 hours/week
- Conduct independent research in the field of Israel Studies with a focus on contemporary history and with the aim of a Habilitation degree, international networking and interdisciplinary cooperation, acquisition of research projects and third-party funding, participation in the research area “Cultural Encounters – Cultural Conflicts” as well as support of the research network Austria-Israel Academic Network Innsbruck (AIANI)
- Independent teaching in the core subject Contemporary History, supervision of students
- Administrative duties
- PhD-dissertation in History in the field of contemporary history; outstanding competence in Israel Studies as well as knowledge with the adjoining field of Jewish Studies; academic output beyond the scope of the dissertation; experience in postdoctoral research or relevant work experience; experience in the area of third-party funding; experience in academic mobility; verification of experience in academic teaching
- Excellent language skills in German, English and Hebrew (minimum of C1 in speech and writing)
- Excellent communication skills, leadership skills and the ability to work in a team as well as proven organisational skills
- Applications have to include: an outline of an independent research project at the level of habilitation (max. 5 pages), teaching concept, at least one essay or book chapter in digital form as a reading sample, two letters of recommendation
- It is requested to upload the online application in only one file
Salary: The minimum gross salary (stipulated by collective agreement) for this position amounts to € 3804,- per month (14 times). Furthermore, the university has numerous attractive offers (https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/).
Application: We look forward to your online application until 29.04.2019.