BAJS Annual Conference (2017).
‘Jews on the Move: Exploring the movement of Jews, objects, texts, and ideas in space and time’.
Edinburgh. 10-12 July 2017.
- Jews and migration
- Jews in / and the archive
- Texts which move
- Jewish journeys, journeys of Jews
- Literary explorations of travel, movements, and migration and their consequences
- Displaying Jews: museums, heritage, art
- Jewish objects: from vernacular and ritual to display and memory
Conference Website: http://wp.me/P2HpFu-bo
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Professor Charlotte Hempel (Birmingham): People and ideas on the move: the evidence from Qumran
- Professor Tony Kushner (Southampton): Jews as refugees: special or not?
- Professor Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett (New York / Warsaw): Expanded Geography: An Epilogue to the History of Polish Jews at POLIN Museum
- Professor Hana Wirth-Nesher (Tel Aviv): To Move, to Translate, To Write: Jewish American Immigrant Voices
We gratefully acknowledge the following bodies for providing grants to support the conference:
- The European Association for Jewish Studies (EAJS)
- The Astaire Seminar Series in Jewish Studies