Claims Conference University Partnership Program in Holocaust Studies
The Jewish Material Claims Against Germany (The Claims Conference) provides grant funds to European universities for the purposes of teaching Holocaust courses for one year and is currently seeking universities that are interested in creating a partnership for the 2021-2022 academic year.
In order to be eligible for this round, the university must:
- be Eastern European based and well established
- be a public (government supported) university
- have an established History or other Humanities related department
- be offering no more than 1 Holocaust course throughout the university
- be able to accept funds from the Claims Conference to pay the chosen lecturer directly (the Claims Conference will not pay the lecturer)
The Claims Conference will offer a maximum amount of $25,000 to:
- create a new full-time lecturer position to start in September of 2021 and end in June of 2022. The lecturer will be expected to teach at least 3 Holocaust courses in the university, including one course that must be an Introduction to Holocaust. The courses should be taught in the language that the majority of students understand. The lecturer must also offer 4 seminars open to the public, with the support of the university. The university will not be able to add to the lecturer’s responsibilities beyond those related to teaching these courses, unless the university offers the lecturer a stipend.
- combine the above Holocaust teaching position with an already existing lecturer position at your university.
The lecturer and the curricula must be approved by the university and the Claims Conference
Application deadline for University Partnership in Holocaust Studies: November 9, 2020
If interested or if you have any questions, please email Ms. Chavie Brumer at Chavie.email@example.com indicating your intent to apply.
All applications must now be completed online through the Fluxx Portal System, along with your CV, the CVs of any recommended lecturers, a signed letter from your department head or provost, as well as your university’s Academic Freedom Policy. To apply, go to: https://claimsconference.fluxx.io/. Please begin the application process at least a week before the deadline in order to ensure that all steps in Fluxx are completed on time. For more information about the application process, go to: