University of Amsterdam
Faculty of Humanities – Hebrew, Aramaic and Jewish Studies
The Bisschofsheim’s Winter Ulpan 2018
Ivrit-Rama Dalet Hebrew intensive course towards C1 (CEFR)
After the successful pilot we had in 2017, we are happy to announce that the registration for 2018 is open. The Ulpan is offered for all Dutch and international students free of charge (for entry requirements please see below). The fee for non-students is € 650. This intensive course will consist of 80 hours given in January 2018, 4 days a week (see below for the exact days and location).
Level: The course aims at Rama Dalet of the Israeli Ulpan System (equal to C1 level, CEFR).
The course will focus on the following: Fluency, Vocabulary, Reading comprehension, Writing, Grammar and Israeli Culture.
Dates: Monday January 08, 2018 – Friday February 02, 2018 (The ulpan will be given on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 12:00 – 17:00).
Location: University of Amsterdam, PCH Building, Spuistraat 134, Amsterdam.
Conditions of acceptance:
- Candidates should have acquired the level of Rama Gimmel (B1 CEFR(, the equivalent to this or a recommention from their department of origin.
- A short skype interview in Hebrew with the lecturer.
Tuition fees and costs:
- The Ulpan is offered free of charge to students of recognized international institutions of higher eduction regardless of religion, gender and nationality.
- The fee for non-students is € 650.
- Textbooks and other materials will cost approximately € 30. Participants will be informed of the exact costs a few weeks before the start of the course and will be expected to pay at the first lesson.
- Participants from abroad will need to organise their own accommodation.
For queries and applications please contact: Eldad Zion: firstname.lastname@example.org – coordinator and lecturer of the course.