University / institution contact details
Position: President of Scandinavian School of TheologySkandinavisk teologisk högskola (Scandianvian School of Theology)
Second university / institution contact details
Position: Associate Professor in New Testament ExegesisUppsala University
Department of Theology
Box 511, 751 20 Uppsala
Teaches (T) and/or researches (R) in:
1. Bible and Related Literature: TR
New Testament: TR
Modern interpretation: TR
2. History of the Jewish People: TR
Second Temple period: TR
Late Antiquity: TR
7. Languages: TR
51: Hebrew: R
53: Aramaic: R
9. Contemporary Studies: TR
70: Holocaust Studies: R
10. Jewish Studies and Resources: TR
Scholarship, history of: TR
History of Exegesis & Antisemitism: Research
Dr. Anders Gerdmar is the founder and president of Scandinavian School of Theology.
Dr. Gerdmar teaches New Testament and Hermeneutics in the Seminary. He is also actively involved in research and public debate on issues such as Biblical studies and anti-Semitism.
His research interests are the New Testament in its Second Temple Jewish environment, and Biblical interpretation and anti-Semitism.
2002–2014 Dr Gerdmar was the dean of Livets Ord Theological Seminary, and during 2012-2014 he was the president of the same institution as well as board member at Oral Roberts University. He is member of several scholarly societies, including the New Testament SNTS (Studiorum Novi Testamenti Societas), European Association for Jewish Studies, and Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft für Theologie.
Dr. Gerdmar is the author of five books, including:
• Rethinking the Judaism-Hellenism Dichotomy. A Historiographical Case Study of Second Peter and Jude. AWI, 2001.
• Roots of Theological Antisemitism. German Biblical Interpretation and the Jews, from Herder and Semler to Kittel and Bultmann. Brill, 2009, paperback 2010.