EAJS Digital Forum
The EAJS Digital Forum is anchored in, and takes inspiration from, the diverse and dynamic world of Jewish Studies in Europe. It offers support to European scholars and digital initiatives, seeks to foster teaching and training as well as methodological reflection and debate, and, in doing so, aims to facilitate productive links between Jewish Studies and Digital Humanities. The Forum’s outlook is international, and it will cooperate, in particular, with the digital projects of the Association of Jewish Studies (AJS) and the National Library of Israel (NLI).
The EAJS Digital Forum has been established
- to facilitate contact among Jewish Studies scholars with an interest in the Digital Humanities (DH), and to support their cooperation with DH scholars, librarians, archivists and curators to open up new avenues for research
- to foster critical methodological reflection
- to support short training courses, workshops, and summer schools on topics at the intersection between Jewish Studies and the DH
- to support PhDs and supervision of joint DH-Jewish Studies projects
- to explore how the DH in Jewish Studies can lead to innovative teaching, including new MA courses/modules and degree programmes
- to support the development of teaching aids
- to offer support and guidance to departments and individual scholars with regard to peer review and research evaluation of digital scholarship in Jewish Studies (for hiring, promotion, tenure and research exercises)
- to facilitate contact and exchange with other academic associations, such as the AJS, WCJS, ADHO and AHA
- to explore how the DH in Jewish Studies can shape the interaction between academics and the broader public.
The Steering Committee welcomes inquiries, ideas and suggestions from all EAJS members.