EAJS Conference Grant Programme in European Jewish Studies
Nine events were originally funded for the 2021-22 cycle of the Conference Grant Programme. Whilst some of these events were delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, seven of them have now taken place, one has been postponed due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and one has been cancelled. Reports for the events that have taken place can be found below:
1. Medicine, Illness, and the Body: Healing and Healers from the Middle Ages to Early Modernity; Institute for Jewish Studies, Freie Universität, Berlin, Germany, 25-26 July 2022.
2. Jews of East-Central Europe after the Catastrophe: Multiplicity of Experiences, 1945–1956; Ukrainian Association for Jewish Studies, Kharkiv, Ukraine. (Conference postponed due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine).
3. A Jewish Europe? Virtual and Real-Life Spaces in the 21st Century; Centre for European Research, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 3-5 May 2022.
4. Space and Place in the German-Jewish Experience of the 1930s; University of Rostock, Germany, 12-13 May 2022.
5. Theory and Practice of Allegorical Exegesis in Medieval Jewish, Islamic, and Christian Philosophy; Arabic and Hebraic Studies Department, Sorbonne Université, Paris, France, 21-23 February 2022.
6. Unfolding Time: Texts – Practices – Politics (BAJS Conference); Theology & Religious Studies, King’s College London, UK, 11-13 July 2022.
7. Rabbinization and Diversity: Methods, Models, and Manifestations between 400 and 1000 CE; École pratique des hautes études (EPHE), Paris, France, 14-24 March 2022.
8. Vienna and Thessaloniki: Two cities and their Jewish histories; Institute of Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies, University of Vienna, Austria, 17-19 February 2022.
Link for events and reports from previous years:
CGP Reports for 2019/20 and 2020/21