EAJS Conference Grant Programme in European Jewish Studies
Nine events were originally funded for the 2021-22 cycle of the Conference Grant Programme. Whilst some of these events were delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, eight took place and one was cancelled. Reports for the events that went ahead can be found below:
1. Medicine, Illness, and the Body: Healing and Healers from the Middle Ages to Early Modernity; Institute for Jewish Studies, Freie Universität, Berlin, Germany, 25-26 July 2022.
2. Jews of East-Central Europe after the Catastrophe: Multiplicity of Experiences, 1945–1956; Ukrainian Association for Jewish Studies, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
3. A Jewish Europe? Virtual and Real-Life Spaces in the 21st Century; Centre for European Research, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 3-5 May 2022.
4. Space and Place in the German-Jewish Experience of the 1930s; University of Rostock, Germany, 12-13 May 2022.
5. Theory and Practice of Allegorical Exegesis in Medieval Jewish, Islamic, and Christian Philosophy; Arabic and Hebraic Studies Department, Sorbonne Université, Paris, France, 21-23 February 2022.
6. Unfolding Time: Texts – Practices – Politics (BAJS Conference); Theology & Religious Studies, King’s College London, UK, 11-13 July 2022.
7. Rabbinization and Diversity: Methods, Models, and Manifestations between 400 and 1000 CE; École pratique des hautes études (EPHE), Paris, France, 14-24 March 2022.
8. Vienna and Thessaloniki: Two cities and their Jewish histories; Institute of Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies, University of Vienna, Austria, 17-19 February 2022.
Link for events and reports from previous years: